On 11th October Hilton Canary Wharf hosted ETEM 2019, a forum dedicated to bringing together the thoughts and challenges presented to new high growth energy suppliers entering a competitive and challenging marketplace. UGP was represented at ETEM by Head of Commercial Stuart Peel who discussed the pros and cons of insourcing business processes versus outsourcing on a three-strong panel of energy experts.
Stuart and the panel answered questions from a room filled with professionals including risk managers, commercial directors and trading personnel on various topics including:
- Short terms vs long term thinking
- Mapping your business processes
- What learnings can be gained from the development of larger trading firms?
- Who should be responsible for regulatory compliance and risk management?
- Examining trading department structures and responsibilities: which is most appropriate for your firm?
- White label opportunities/risks
The informative session lead to many engaging discussions, with Stuart offering UGP’s unique insight into the world of forming and building a new supplier.
Stuart Peel holds the Head of Commercial role at UGP, Stuart joined United Gas & Power to set up and run the commercial function which consists of, Trading, Pricing, Settlement and third-party contracts. Stuart has 18 years’ experience within the industry including EDF, Total and Gazprom, managing Blue Chip clients and various procurement, risk management and forecasting departments.