Metering & Settlement Lead
Mon to Fri 9am till 5pm
As one of the fastest growing and highest rated commercial energy suppliers in the UK, we are looking to recruit an experienced customer orientated Metering & Settlement Lead, based at our state-of-the-art offices in Guiseley, Leeds.
The Metering & Settlement Lead role is an excellent opportunity to enhance various aspects of our business and be a key part of our internal growth. Our metering team ensure accurate information is held on internal systems, whilst monitoring the quality of data provided by the customer and industry. This highly important role is therefore instrumental to the long-term success and growth of our reputation.
If you’re hard working, great at problem solving and highly motivated to succeed, as well as possessing excellent communication skills, we’d love to hear from you.
At UGP we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Supporting the Billing & Metering Services Manager in the development of compliant and efficient processes throughout various workstreams including Billing, Metering and Settlement.
- Managing the resolution of complex and escalated queries relating to data quality/settlement, technical metering and industry regulations from the team and wider business.
- Liaising with internal customers, to implement systems and process changes to maintain performance against BSCPs and industry regulations.
- Liaising with third parties and external regulatory bodies where required.
- Development of adequate forecasting, data analysis and BAU reporting up to SMT level.
- Support the Business Improvement and IT team to migrate dataflows into inhouse systems.
- Quality checking and audits of team and wider business to ensure adherence.
- Supporting the Billing & Metering Team with ad-hoc work as required.
- Ensuring accurate data is maintained on in-house and 3rd party systems to ensure accurate settlement performance and billing.
- Supporting the creation and adherence to KPIs.
- Supporting the Billing & Metering Analysts with BAU tasks as needed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel.
- Good telephone manner - can communicate effectively and professionally to all stakeholders.
- A logical thought process to resolve queries and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage personal workload, phone calls and queries.
- Ability to work on own, demonstrating drive and initiative.
- Team player, willing to share ideas and techniques with other team colleagues to improve the business.
- The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets.
- Detailed knowledge of the energy sector and relevant regulations and policies is essential.
- An understanding of the settlement process would be beneficial.
- Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a basic disclosure report from the Disclosure and Barring Service, and security screening.
Join The Team
- Fast-growing, innovative employer.
- Fully supportive management wanting to grow people’s careers.
- Full induction and ongoing coaching & training provided.
- A great working environment with a real team spirit.
- Fantastic progression opportunities.
- Competitive basic salary and benefits package.
- Mon to Fri 9am till 5pm.